Sunday, July 3, 2011

Trail ride!

Went out on the trails today. They're about 300 acres on lumber tree farm. The trails are all pretty flat and wide and are basically the fire breaks between sections of trees. It's definitely different from riding in the state parks up in MD! Still, it was nice to get out of the ring and into some different scenery and I think Kieran had a good time too. Plus, Myra's (the barn owner's) horse walks out, man! Kieran was marching to keep up with her, I swear it was the fastest walk I've ever ridden on him, hah!

We even managed to get in some nice canter stretches, though the one section they do that on mainly needs someone on a tall horse (uh, me) to come through with some clippers to take down a few of the low hanging branches that tried to smack me in the face. I don't believe anybody's been riding out there regularly in a while so a bit of cleanup needs to happen but it's not too big of a deal.

Annnnd, that's about it. :)

No comments: