Sunday, December 9, 2012

Visual Aids






So there's the one screencapture I made of one of the videos and below are some of the videos of my lesson today (that the post just before this one talks about).



This one is entirely included because of the way he trotted over that vertical and didn't even bother trying to jump. :)



 
 
So, after watching these, I have to say I'm kind of horrified at how my hands are moving around as I post, I thought I'd mostly licked that problem already (of course, that was before I had two months off of riding) and I've always had a bit of a chair seat problem but I thought that was improving too...apparently not. So it's likely a good thing we're going to work on focusing on me and my equitation for a while because I think it needs a lot of work. I foresee lots of riding with no stirrups in my future. :)

1 comment:

Carla said...

A good exercise my dressage instructor showed me (and that I am now inflicting on everyone) is to take your feet out of the stirrups. Let your legs hang. Straighten your legs and bring them off the horse's side. Swing your leg back (from the hip--it should hurt like heck right on your sides where your leg bone attaches to your pelvis). Let it hang in the new position. Repeat until you can't take it anymore to build up that muscle. Or try riding in that new farther-back position.