Thanks to Rebecca for this award! I've never received an award for blogging. :) Sorry it's taken so long, but here it is!
There are rules that go along with this award:
1.Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3.Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4.Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
7 Things About Me:
1. I would totally wear my paddock boots to work if I weren't worried my coworkers would complain about the aroma wafting off of them. ;)
2. I much prefer riding outside than in the indoor ring (and I imagine Kieran does, too).
3. I really want some cow-print-patterned stuff to wear in a show some day. I mean, you've seen my horse, right? How awesome would we look if I wore a hat like this in a Western class at some local show?
4. I got my cat at a horse auction. Go figure.
5. I could pretty much live off cold cereal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner? Doesn't matter to me, bring it on!
6. I'm not a fan of cooking, but I do like to bake so the folks at the local renaissance festival call me "the girl with the cookies" because I bring them to share so often.
7. I like Maryland, but I really really really want to move. Some internal meter is saying, "hey! You've been here too long! Time to move!"
And for recently (and not-so-recently) discovered blogs...
o1. A Fat Girl & A Fat Horse - a blog by/about/for Plus-sized riders
o2. Saddle Fitting - The Inside Journey - Saddle Making Process by Nikki Newcombe of Black Country Saddles
o3. Honey Rock Dawn - not a horse blog, but an interesting one
o4. Damsel in this Dress - also not a horse blog, but one of my favorite ladies to buy garb from!
o5. Tacky Tack of the Day - Just what it sounds like. ;)
o6. The Daily Coyote - A new coyote picture every day of Charlie, the only housebroken coyote I know of ;)
o7. Mugwump Chronicles - one of my very favorite horse training related blogs
o8. Fugly Horse of the Day - love her or hate her, Fugs is still the one responsible for getting me into both horse blogging and discovering Gentle Giants. So, thanks Fugs!
o9. Riding Aside - reading this blog makes me want to learn to ride sidesaddle something fierce!
1o. The Waardenburg Rider - a new friend who I have great respect for.
11. Cake Wrecks - another non-horsey blog but responsible for a daily giggle. :)
12. The Jumping Percheron - if Kieran and I can be only half as amazing as this, we would have accomplished something great.
13. Ev 'n' Hosses - Ev writes lovely prose and I < 3 Solomon.
14. Jump on and Ride - She hasn't updated in a while, but I love hearing about the adventures of Fred, Mandy, and Bree.
15. Eventing-A-Gogo! - I've linked more than a few people to her comments on keeping an eventing horse barefoot.